FTDI Programmer Assembly v0.3 and earlier
These instructions are for the FTDI_Prog v0.2 & v0.3 PCB
|C1, C2, C3||100 nF Capacitor, You can use 0805 or Ceramic Disc capacitors|
|C5||10uF Electrolytic Polarized Capacitor|
|R1,R2||1K 0805 Resistor|
|Power Select||2.54mm Pitch pin jumpers|
|5 Pin Serial||2.54mm 5 Pin Female header|
|6 Pin Serial||2.54mm 6 Pin Male header - Optional|
|USB||SMD USB Mini B female port|
|Reset SW||6mmx6mm Tact Switch|
- Solder the 3 .1uf Capacitors
- Solder the USB connector, note the 5 pads under the connector, you should apply a lot of flux to those pads and pins prior to soldering.
- Solder the FTDI Chip as shown, Use flux on the pads and Solder wick to clean up any excess solder.
- Solder the two 1k Resistors used for the LEDs (Optional if not using LEDs)
- Solder the LEDs as indicated, note the picture showing which orientation
- Solder the 10uF capacitor and the Reset Button.
- Solder the power jumper, and add the jumper to the power setting as desired, 3.3v Shown.
- Solder the 5 Pin Serial header, You can solder this as through hole OR flat as show in the picture below.
- Optionally Solder the 6 Pin Serial Header.