RS485 Serial DMX / Renard Adapter Assembly Instructions
- MAX485 IC
- 150 Ohm Resistor
- PCB Mount 8p8c (top or side entry) (optional)
- 2 1x3 pin headers 2.54 pitch
- 2 shunt jumpers
- 15 pin header (male or female)
First solder the 150 Ohm resistor
next solder the RS485 chip. You may choose to install optional 2x3 pin socket but it is not necessary
3) Install both of the 1x3 pin headers
Next, how are you going to be using this adapter.
To select DMX Pin format you will place the shunt jumpers on the DMX position
To select the Renard Pin format you will place the shunt jumpers on the Renard position
- note: LOR Controllers will need to utilize a custom cable / shunt jumper assembly. Lor controllers use a wiring standard which is inverted from the Renard format AND has the gnd connection on pin 6. More Information TBD.