FTDI Programmer Assembly Instructions
These instructions are for the FTDI_Prog v0.4 and newer PCB for instructions on how to assemble older version visit : http://learn.komby.com/wiki/69
|C1, C2, C3||100 nF Capacitor, You can use 0805 or Ceramic Disc capacitors|
|C5||10uF Electrolytic Polarized Capacitor|
|R1,R2, R3||1K through hole Resistor|
|Power Select||2.54mm Pitch pin jumpers|
|RX,TX, Power||3mm LED|
|5 Pin Serial||2.54mm 5 Pin Female header|
|6 Pin Serial||2.54mm 6 Pin Male header - Optional|
|USB||SMD USB Mini B female port|
- If you ordered with Pre-Soldered SMD Components you should have a board that looks like this. For non Pre-solder you need to solder the chip and USB adapter like shown in the picture.
- Solder the 3 1K Resistors for your LEDs
- Solder the 3 .1uF capacitors as shown
- Next solder the 3 LEDs as shown. Note that the Long leg goes in the side with the + on the silkscreen. This picture also shows the 5 pin header with male headers in one of the possible configurations. (you need to choose how you want to solder the 5 pin header see the next steps before soldering the headers)
- Alternate Male header on top option
- Male header can be soldered flush to achieve right angle
- Right angle headers (not supplied) can also be used
- Solder the 3 pin jumper for Voltage select, you will want this set on the 5v setting most of the time.
- Here the shunt Jumper is shown in the 5v setting
- Solder the 10uF electrolytic capacitor as shown
- Note that you do not need to solder the 6 pin header it is optional.
- Here is how you connect the FTDI to a RF1Serial komby board for programming.
- Example of how to connect to a komby RF1 for programming