DMX Serial to RF Setup
Updated to support changes with BETA 2 Release
How To Program the Serial to RF Transmitter
- Open the IDE
- In the File->Examples->RFPixelControl Menu find the SerialDMXToRFTransmitter
- There are some changes you will need to make to set up the transmitter
- First How many DMX Channels are we going to receive on the Serial input? [code lang=c++#define DMX_NUM_CHANNELS 512]
- Next you can most likely ignore this, but it will be set to the number of channels divided by 30 and rounded up. it will be 18 for a full universe. #define RF_NUM_PACKETS 18 ]
- Next Choose what hardware you are using. This is so you have the right pin setup for your transceiver #define NRF_TYPE RF1_1_3]
- Next Choose the Data Rate that the RF Transceiver is going to use. This is the speed of the Wireless NOT the DMX Serial. Your receivers will need to be set at this same Data rate. #define DATA_RATE RF24_250KBPS]
- Next choose What RF Channel do you want to transmit on? Valid Values: 1-124 #define TRANSMIT_CHANNEL 100]
Now that you have that done, Its time to load the sketch onto your transmitter. We need to connect your RF1 or other device to your computer for upload. For arduino UNO Devices, you can connect them via USB. For RF1 use a FTDI adapter or cable to connect to the RF1 serial. http://www.komby.com/ftdi_prog
For a kombee device you can use the FTDI board OR you can connect to a xbee Explorer board. Now that we are connected to the computer.
- Choose the correct COM device. This is the COM port of your FTDI adapter or xbee Explorer.
- Now Choose Arduino Uno as the board type, you will use this for the RF1, and kombee boards.
- Click the upload button
- If you have an error or bad connection you may see an error like this.
- If your upload was successful you will see "Done Uploading"