Configure DMX Receiver
To use a DMX Receiver you will need to use an RF1 and a Serial Expansion board
How To Program the RF1 as a Receiver with DMX output
- Open the IDE
- In the File->Examples->RFPixelControl Menu find the "RF_In_DMX_Out"
- You will need to verify / change the configuration options
Next Choose a Unique ID For this device, This number will need to be unique for each of your RF devices (unless you want to have more than one receiver receive the same information from the transmitter, NOTE: this is only used for receivers when OTA Config is enabled. More information visit: OTA Config Explained #define RECEIVER_UNIQUE_ID 33]
- Next Choose what hardware you are using. This is so you have the right pin setup for your transceiver #define NRF_TYPE RF1_1_3]
- Next set your RF Data Rate, this needs to be the same rate that your transmitter is sending data at. #define DATA_RATE RF24_250KBPS]
- Next Option is for Over The air configuration, 0 is disabled IE hardcoded #define OVER_THE_AIR_CONFIG_ENABLE 0]
- If you aren't using OTA config, you need to set what start address you want this receiver to listen to. This is the first channel from the RF which will be output as DMX Data.
#define HARDCODED_NUM_CHANNELS 16]
- Next How many channels are we listening for? this is the number of channels from the RF (sequentially) that will be output, note you can only listen to 512 channels per receiver.
- Next choose What RF Channel do you want to listen on? Valid Values: 0-83, 100-124 #define LISTEN_CHANNEL 10]
Now that you have that done, Its time to load the sketch onto your DMX Receiver. We need to connect your RF1 or other device to your computer for upload.
For RF1 use a FTDI adapter or cable to connect to the RF1 serial. http://www.komby.com/ftdi_prog
Now that we are connected to the computer.
- Choose the correct COM device. This is the COM port of your FTDI adapter.
- Now Choose Arduino Uno as the board type, you will use this for the RF1.
- Click the upload button
- If you have an error or bad connection you may see an error like this.
- If your upload was successful you will see "Done Uploading"